This is one of the biggest question that is asked by our clients most of the time that what is SEO? and how it works?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the process of optimizing your website to get organic, or un-paid, traffic from search engine result pages or the process in which organizations go through to help make sure that their site ranks high in the search engines for relevant keywords and phrases.
There are many benefits of SEO for your business. By improving your SEO, you can work to increase your visibility on the search engines. This helps you reach and connect more potential customers. By creating more engaging and efficient SEO-focused content, you can increase your probability of bringing in more targeted organic traffic.
Some of the factors that can impact your search engine optimization ranking which include both on-page and off-page factors, that we will discuss below.
The ranking of your website is partially decided by on-page factors. On-page SEO factors are all those things you can control from within your actual website. These factors include technical aspects (e.g. the quality of your code and site speed) and content-related aspects, like the structure of your website or the quality of the copy on your website. These are all important on-page SEO factors.
Here are just a few of the on-page SEO factors that can help you improve your search ranking:
- Title Tag – The title tag on each page tells the search engines what your page is about. This should be 70 characters or less, including both the keyword your content focuses on and your business name.
- Meta Description – The Meta description on your website tells search engines a little bit more about what each page is about. This is also used by your human visitors to better understand what the page is about and if it’s relevant. This should include your keyword and also provide enough details to tell the reader what the content is about.
- Sub-headings – Not only do sub-headings make your content easier for visitors to read, but it can also help improve your SEO. You can use H1, H2, and H3 tags to help search engines better understand what your content is about.
- Internal Links – Building internal links, or hyperlinks to other content on your site, can help search engines learn more about your site. For example, if you are writing a post about the value of a specific product or service, you can link to the product or service page in your blog post.
- Image Name and ALT Tags – If you are using images on your website or within your blog content, you will also want to include your keyword or phrase in the image name and alt tag. This will help search engines better index your images, which may appear when users perform an image search for a certain keyword or phrase.
Off -Page SEO
In addition to on-page SEO factors, there are off-page SEO factors. These factors include links from other websites, social media awareness, and other marketing activities outside your own website. These off-page SEO factors can be rather difficult to influence. The most important of these off-page factors is the number and quality of links pointing towards your site. The more quality, appropriate sites that link to your website, the higher your rank in Google will be.
Here are a few of the special off-page SEO factors that can impact your search engine rankings:
- Trust – Trust is becoming a progressively more important factor in a site’s Google ranking. This is how Google determines whether you have a genuine site that visitors can trust. One of the best ways to get better trust is by building quality backlinks from sites that have authority.
- Links – One of the most popular ways to build off-page SEO is through backlinks. You want to be careful here as spamming sites with your links is a quick and easy way to get your site banned from the search engines. Instead, take the time to build interaction with influencers and fans that create quality content and will link back to your site in their own content.
- Social – Another most important off-page SEO factor are social signals, such as likes and shares. When it comes to boosting SEO, you want to look for quality shares from influencers. The more quality content you publish; the more likely you will be to get people to share your content with others.
Always remember that search engine optimization takes time to work.You won’t experience the benefits of SEO overnight. In fact, it may take months to enjoy the results of your hard work. However, following SEO best practices by creating quality content that’s focused on helping your human visitors is the best way to build a sustainable online business that will continue to bring in new organic site traffic for years to come.
Need help building your SEO? If you’re not happy with your search engine rankings, it may be time to call in an SEO company. The talented team at Expertdigitech provides quality SEO services that will help you improve your search engine rankings and bringing more relevant organic traffic to your website. Call us today to get started. We are One of the India’s Best Digital Marketing Company in Delhi.